Sunday, 7 November 2010

Christmas Countdown Project 7 - Fabric gift tags

I have been making some new roman blinds for the dining room, after we redecorated and I wanted natural linen for a french look. The only place I managed to find any, was a pair of ready made curtains in IKEA! Having made my three blinds I was left with some offcuts, that I made the napkins with the other day and I have made a table runner. I have been left with a few offcuts including the tab tops that I had carefully unpicked from each curtain. Not wishing to waste them, I decided to stamp on them with Archival ink and turn them into some country Christmas gift tags!
You Will Need;
Scraps of cotton or linen fabric sewn into rectangles and turned right side out
Archival ink in your chosen colour
Cropadile
Large eyelets
Bakers twine or string
Rubber stamps
1. Stamp your chosen designs on to the fabric rectangles, heat set with the iron. The bird house one I have used as a needle holder in my mini sewing kit earlier!
2. Using a Cropadile or Big Bite, punch a hole through the fabric for a large eyelet and set the eyelet centrally.
3. Thread bakers twine or string through the eyelet to secure the tag to the gift. You could decorate with buttons, gems etc if you want them more glitzy! A simple make that means I have not wasted any part of my curtain fabric. They will go nicely with my shaker style gift wrapping!
Join me tomorrow for some paper crafted tags.
P.S. To avoid sewing these tags, you could cut a thicker fabric or felt using pinking shears to make similar.

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Another fab. idea - really like the natural look.
Sue xx

furrypig said...

gorgeous in their simplicity love them!