Monday, 8 November 2010

Christmas Countdown Project 8 - Paper crafted Gift tags

Yesterday I made fabric gift tags, today there are some paper crafted gift tag sfor those who don't sew! You never seem to have enough gift tags in my experience and as I like to keep my paper plain and simple, I like to use decorative tags, people often keep tags anyway!! You Will Need:
A sheet of embossed cardstock for the tags (I used a script embossed sheet from a Cosmo pad)
Various coloured fabric ribbons
A selection of embellishments
Red Raffia
Snowflake/asterisk punch
A luggage label as a template
Cropadile
Silicone glue
1. Sand the 12x12 Coredinations cardstock, so that the script stands out, then using the luggage label as a template, cut as many tags, from the sheet of card, as possible, I got 8.

2. Punch out some snowflakes in some patterned paper offcuts and stick to the centre top of the tag where the hole will be punched. When dry punch out a hole using a Cropadile.

3. Arrange the various embellishments in groups on each tag, remembering to keep odd numbers and placing things off centre for pleasing designs. (Used lots of my German crafting goodies here!) Add ribbons here and there and trim with a few buttons. Remember to vary the texture on each tag too. Stick with silicone glue, leave to set.
4. Thread a double length of red raffia through the hole in the tag.
5. As an extra idea, why not use a lollipop stick, punch small holes carefully in either end using a Cropadile and stamp a greeting using a tiny alphabet stamp set. Thread this on Bakers Twine and tie around a parcel.
Join me tomorrow for another crafting project TFLx

1 comment:

SusieJ said...

Fabulous ideas! I'll definitely be making some of these!
TFS
Sue xx