Monday, 22 November 2010

Forgive me, whilst I recover....

from my little trip to Paris! It was a whirlwind few days where we packed a lot into a short space of time! I did this...
and that...
and the other thing I did was.....

where I saw lots of...

and met these lovely ladies....

from 'Carnet's de scrap'
And then I ate this....
and this.....

and this .....

Excuse me! Can someone just remind me I was on a diet???!!!! I had lost 5 pounds before this trip, but  have a suspicion, that may be all back on!!! Oh and I forgot this...

But on the plus side, I did walk the full length of this ....


and back again, which is no mean feat! And I managed to walk straight past this.....

which was equally no mean feat!!! Whilst my sister went here.....

to queue for three hours to see this......
And we laughed so much at this.....
the smallest lift in the world!! AKA a coat cupboard!! I am sure it probably featured in a Harry Potter film somewhere, talking of which, we watched one last night, in French, on French TV, to improve my French, although I was somewhat astonished when a gentleman in a shop on the Champs Elysee complemented me on my excellent French! (Whilst I was trying to explain to him I wanted to buy a CD of French Accordion music, much to his amusement!!!!)
So thanks to my sister....
for a great weekend, (excuse my hair, but she is allergic to sprays, so I was not allowed to use any hair products!!!)......with much fun and laughter! In this Hotel here......
close to this....
Which we walked around, but fortunately did not go up!!!!! So I need more of this.....
because I am exhausted and I am sorry there is no craft project today :(
TFLx
P.S. This was a lastminute.com break in a mystery hotel and was well worth the money, as part of my 'soon to be' half century celebrations that I am not thinking about!!!!!

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! You were right not go up the Arc de Triomphe - it's a killer on the knees!
Yummy food too.
Hugs,
Sue xx
p.s. the hotel looks really good. Not that I'm jealous or anything!lol

Jolanda said...

Wow! it really looks like you had so much fun. I'm quite jealous looking at all those pictures of delicious food :)
I haven't been to Paris yet, but now I know I definitely will :)))

CoventryAnn said...

Looks a fab trip. and that Chocolate puding has got to be worth a page all to itself!!!