Thursday, 2 December 2010

Tim's tag number 1

I finished Tim's tag number 1 last night but had to leave it to dry overnight as the snow stuff I have takes hours to dry! There were lots of improvisations on my part as I had hardly any of the things he used but here goes;
No texture fade folder so I used Distressed Stripes which I had already.
No grunge board, so I used the page from a recycled children's board book from a charity shop.
No rickety house die, so I hand cut my own house. (With chipboard windows added on top)
No picket fence die, so used left overs from the house to construct my own fence!
No holly garland so I used some leftover spruce garland from my candle jars.
No paper branches, so I made some by winding brown florist tape around some stub wires I already had and painted them white after constructing my own tree.
No white sparkly stuff or crackle paint for snow, so used some snow stuff I had from The Range from last Year.
Used my ticket stamp and coloured with felt markers then huffed and stamped. Then stamped exactly on top using the same stamp with a Versamark pad and added clear embossing powder. Distressed the edges with Walnut stain distress ink!
Made my own perfect pearls mist with the mini mister.
So actually it was not like Tim's at all, but I like it!!!! Lol!! Better get cracking with tag two now!

Update on the December daily. Wrote up yesterday with lots of snow pictures, so reordered my album so that I could use pages covered in snow backing papers! That's the beauty of not putting the dates on until now! Hope to photo it later.
Been to work today, school was partially open for KS1. Walked there and back, via the vets for Barney's tablets and the chemist for mine! No sign of a let up in the weather yet! DS2 was not happy his snow clearing on the drive has been to no avail! It's snowing again!
This is the photo I came up with for December Daily day 2!
 TFLx

1 comment:

Jolanda said...

love your tag!!! maybe I'll join in too- looks like fun :)