Monday, 31 January 2011

Fourth Layout of the 50th Year album

I am trying to get into a habit of making the layout for this album at the weekend and posting it on a Monday morning, and so far it seems to have been working! I had planned to scrapbook current things so this is a layout of me with my parents yesterday, when we popped over to see them. Nothing fancy, just as we were when they came outside to wave us off! An impromptu photo that records how we are at the moment. Seeing as dad was so ill last year and we nearly lost him, due to peritonitis after his appendix burst, I think he is looking very well! For this layout, I was also fulfilling a challenge set on Studio Calico especially for CHA weekend, you had to try and emulate one of the designers styles. I decided to go with a style that is alien to me, Celine Navarro has what I would call a "grungy" style with lots of spattered paint and random journaling and mismatched title alpha's etc. In the end I almost lifted this layout, as I felt a little outside my comfort zone, but I like how it looks!
I know it does not look straight but that is my photography and cropping skills or lack of them!! The paint splatters were done by undoing the lid on a Maya mist bottle and shaking the fine tube attached to the lid in a random fashion! Watch the wallpaper! Celine's Inspiration is here. I have entered it in the draw for a $5 SC certificate so that would be nice! More challenge pages tomorrow! TFLx

6 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

I really like this! Celine Navarro is going to be at Scrap-A-Mia in May and I am so looking forward to it. Not all of her work is to my taste but it will be great to do something different. The colours are great here too.

Sandra said...

To me, scrapbooking means more when you do scrap the impromptu photos :) .. and yes, I do think your father is looking well (touch wood), long may it continue.

A lovely layout - sometimes, it's fun to go out of your comfort zone, but I always think of you as a scrapper that trys new things anyway.

SusieJ said...

I love it!
Beautiful photo and that mix and match title is fab.
Hugs,
Sue xx

Julie Gamary (juls2000) said...

Beautiful layout!! Great job with the challenge!!

Kay said...

Beautiful page! You rocked the style!

Jenn said...

Great job being brave with the paint splatters! I think the page turns out awesome! You might look back on this photo as a treasure since it simply captures this time in your life. You parents look so healthy and radiant!