Friday, 7 January 2011

New Year Resolutions and a 'word' for the year

The weekly challenge over on Studio Calico is to scrap your word for the year. I have not done this before either, but have decided to make it part of my year this year to make sure I have a good one. Instead of dreading my 5oth year I think my word for this year should be "ENJOY!"
I want to enjoy the time we spend together as a family, not often possible these days with one son at Uni and one in the sixth form and dancing all hours of the day!
I want to loose some weight and enjoy wearing my clothes, not a lot of weight, just the weight I have gained since my Hysterectomy last year would be a start!
I want to enjoy the scrap products I have and ration myself to just having my monthly kit from SC with occasional treats.
I want to enjoy spending time with my parents in the last years of their lives, rather than feeling it a chore to spend all my available free time with them.
I want to enjoy the twilight years of Barney, as he ages all too quickly.
I want to spend quality time with Ian, relaxing and spending time together.
I want to enjoy cooking and serving healthy family meals that I have not tried before.
I want to enjoy playing on the Wii fit and kidding myself it is beneficial to my health!
I want to rummage in my "just in case" draw where I keep things I salvage from all over the place, with a view to possible future use!
I want to plan some craft projects using my supplies and make my inspirational ideas, more easily accessible.
I want to enjoy completing an album during this year of things I wanted to make a note of and keep.
Well there is a few to start with! So my 2011 word has to be ENJOY! Better go and create!

No comments: