Sunday, 30 January 2011

Paper Patchwork!

This layout was based on a "not very good" photo that I still wanted to record. When DS2 was little he was a golfer and we struggled to find him left handed kids clubs. I think this is the only picture, but he just so looks the part! I started out with another basic grey background, but this time I pulled out the one that was a series of journaling blocks and that gave me the idea to make the patchwork of paper pieces. Each section I cut and covered with a piece of paper, leaving only one, that I covered in journaling paper,for the journaling about the photo. The centre section was stamped with two background stamps, cane and hounds tooth, before adding the photo. I punched some holes in the cane section using my big bite.
 
I added some chipboard elements and some hand cut doilies. To make sure the photograph stood out I outlined the centre section with the paper tape, to draw your eye in and then finished the whole layout off with lots of stitching.

I stitched around the page in a spiral then I moved to the centre and stitched around the photo section, all in one run. I love the stitching through chipboard, it is so easy but looks effective. TFLx

4 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Loving your stitched pages caroline, I usuaally only ever hand stitch mine, too much of a pain to get the machine out.

Sandra said...

I don't think I've ever stitched through chipboard ... but it looks amazing. Great layout

Michelle said...

Gr8 LO! I bought a machine to stitch on LO's but have been too scared to use it! LOL!! How sad am I???

sue-bubbles said...

Such a lovely way to show off lots of pretty papers in one go lol! And you nice photo too of course!
A wonderful LO, welldone CC!
Sue x