Monday, 17 January 2011

A rush of blood!

That scrap room cleansing I did the other day must have given my mojo a boost, as I have done three layouts last Saturday (or was it four?) using my Studio Calico Metropolitan kit! I had completed my 5oth year page the day before and was in the mood to scrap, because the boys were out at Elland Road at the football or at work, so I had a day to myself! (Leeds Utd beat local team Scunthorpe United four nil by the way!! We are having a good season!) Anyway, I dug out my box of photo's waiting to be scrapped and the top three or four were from last June! DS2's 16th birthday and his prom and his GCSE results etc. The colours were perfect, so I got cracking! I will share them over the next few days. here is layout one "The world is your Oyster" using the exclusive SC stamp of the world this month, as a picture in the title. I also used tiny type for a title! Unusual, but I thought I would give it a go! If you read the "Enjoy today" as the tile it would not matter. Used my Fiskars label stamp and punched some labels from a 7Gypsies journaling card. Like how the 7Gypsies paper with the places makes you think of New York although it only actually says York, not far from me here! The star stick pin and York links to how he may end up being a star in his chosen dance career! Subtle, but why I wrote "Stardom Beckons" on one of the tags.
You may think it is all accidental but actually it is all planned! Lol!  I could not cut Barney off the picture, I think in years to come, to realise he was still here on your 16th birthday will be something to talk about! The subtle tone on tone days of the week stamps across the top, were added because I just felt it lacked something there but did not want to do anything major. I thought about stamping in Versamark as a watermark stamp, but then used a new Jenni Bowlin ink instead in pale blue. Days of the week stamps are SC too! (No connection, just a happy customer!)
Pop back tomorrow if you want to see the next one. TFLx
P.S. Up early as washing machine repair man due "anytime between 8am and 6pm" Great! Not happy as washer is less than a year old and DS1 arrived home from Uni with all his washing on Saturday when machine broke on Friday night! Love it! NOT!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I can't imagine your mojo needing a boost, you're the most amazing crafter :) ... stunning, stunning layout.