Sunday, 16 January 2011

Second Layout of the 50th Year album

I am managing to keep up, so far! (Early Days yet!) I am persevering with my Photoshop Elements and made this digital collage print for this page. I was wondering who famous shared this birth year with me and also, what happened in 1961 as well as my birth! So I Googled a few dates and managed to come up with a list including an event for every month of that year. I then Googled a few of the items as interesting images along with a french road sign that says "Rappel 50" which means Remember 50! which I thought was appropriate. I made a collage of the photo's on Photoshop Elements on a background paper and then printed it off with a white border. I treated this collage as my photo and carried on the layout from there. I misted the vanilla background card stock using a stencil from some Heidi Swapp chipboard shapes over half the page and used a Mister Huey's Classic Calico and then over sprayed with the white! I love the white! So I misted a Maya Road Kraft envelope for the sheet of dates to be kept in, by masking off the flap only and misting it white. Other things I added included a vintage playing card from FIL's house of a bubble car and a sixties girl. TFLx 

2 comments:

Heather said...

what a great project! I must keep this idea in mind for my 50th year (another 2 yrs yet). Hope you keep it up & I love the elements & photos you found.

CoventryAnn said...

Fabulous idea for a page, love it.