Wednesday, 19 January 2011

This week, was the longest week......

....of your life! Another layout I made last Saturday using photo's from DS2's GCSE exam results day last August. The basis for the layout was a KI memories calendar page from my SC Metropolitan kit that is stitched around the edge already. I added things to the blank squares, first by punching squares out of patterned paper using my Woodware blue punch and then stamping in others using a small SC frame stamp. I added another faq stamp to some squares too. The "August" month stamp is from SC and it is perfect for this page. Not much else needed adding! Weekdays Black Scribbles (KI Memories) for the "this week" and an 'Entwined Bloom Turkish Turquoise' (Sassafras) plus some journaling and a ticket and some tiny metal flowers. Really like this page, my scrapping has moved up a notch with this kit. I was not sure about turquoise and yellow and now I am loving it! Did not realise how much!
The Jenni Bowlin butterfly was a reference to the fact that he too will soon be flying away, just like his brother in this layout - still one of my favourites! And the second highest viewing rating, 252, in my gallery over on UKs! ( I hope, for all the right reasons!)
I have made a few more layouts with this kit yesterday, so watch this space! Don't forget to enter the RAK in the post below too! TFLx

1 comment:

SusieJ said...

This is stunning Caroline! The colour combo,all the little details - I love it!
Hugs,
Sue xx