Thursday, 20 January 2011

Two for the price of one!

Two layouts in one post! I am so inspired at the moment I decided to post two today! Another photo from last summer, of DS2's prom on the last day of school. He is in sixth form now, but they like to think they have finished with "school" proper and are more grown up!

This one is DS2 and one of his cousins at our celebration bbq last summer, where we had the family over for a post birthday party for his 16th! I had not realised they had so much of a look of each other until I saw this photo! I am enjoying rediscovering my punches now I have them out on my desk. The EK Success Large circle border punch is a fave at the moment, I tried using it just once rather than the whole edge and backing it with a contrast paper. I love the circles it punches out as waste too, so I stitched them on the left hand side of the layout for a tone on tone subtle look. The bubbles border punch echos the circle theme as does the envelope flap with a stamp edge perforation. It helps to bring together the polka dot background with the loops on the scribbled words too! More layouts tomorrow! TFLx

1 comment:

jeanie g said...

Wow you have been busy!! Like them both but the second one is brilliant with all the swirls and stitching, Brilliant, and more to come!!!! xxjeanie g