Wednesday, 16 February 2011

50th Year album - Layout 6

So far, so good! I am on schedule! here is a layout I made last week, called Happy Home. I made it for an SC challenge on including stitching on a photograph on a layout. I hand pricked the hearts and then stitched them. I decided to blanket stitch the lower photograph in place too. I was inspired to make this layout, with the chipboard frames down the middle, after viewing a layout in the SC design gallery by Davine. When you receive a whole box of chipboard elements in a kit it is often overwhelming, how you can use them all? So it is a good idea to seek inspiration, then they don't just languish in the box! I spray painted mine with Cherry Metallic Maya Mist, then backed some with patterned paper and cut around them. If you are going to stamp on the background paper, do it first before you stick it on the chipboard, so you can get it in the recess!!! I learnt by experience!! Lol!
The house stamps across the lower edge are a mixture of SC stamps some I have layered and one is a Maya road chipboard house stuck onto a patterned paper background and glossy accents in the window recess! TFLx

No comments: