Monday, 7 February 2011

Fifth Layout for the 50th Year album

I so enjoyed making the 'month in review' layout for the SC challenge here, I decided to make one for my 50th Year album with a snapshot of everyday life during the month in small 2" photo's that gives an idea of what happened this month. I looked back on my blog and in my Jan pics folder on my PC to select a few photo's then went with a patchwork technique but this time inspired by my Cath Kidston tea towels for the colour scheme. The patchwork background paper is from Girls Paperie. I stitched it onto the coredinations card stock after I had sanded it back to reveal the texture. It too looks like and old fashioned fabric. Both were from my SC "Granny's cupboard" kit. I used a Fiskars tag punch to make my journaling spots and included one paper sticker in each sentence. Some photo's and tag are attached using 3D foam stickers to give the layout some depth. The stitching adds texture. I decided to add the buttons in threes, to echo the sewn, quilted look. TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Your album is going to be really lovely. Such a great idea for you to look back on - I got this paper in our crop Advent swap, so thank you for the inspiration.

sue-bubbles said...

I love this LO, its right up my street style wise. What a fabby album this will be CC, Im enjoying watching it come along!
Sue x