Saturday, 5 February 2011

January a month in 'scrapping' review



This layout was for another challenge over on the Studio Calico boards, to scrap a month in review. I have really enjoyed rediscovering 12 x 12 scrapping this month and wanted to show my favourite layouts in one place, so I printed them out on a sheet of paper in thumbnail size, so I could punch them using my blue Woodware punch. Used a SC frame stamp and different colours of Jenni Bowlin ink to create an interlocking frame background that left sizes exactly for the punch outs. I stamped on some patterned papers and cut out along the inner frame line to add backing paper to some of the frames too to add interest. To finish the layout off, I used my new Fiskars squeeze punches I bought this week, to create some 3D embellishments. (There you go Sandra! Used them already!)
I also used the star stamp from SC to highlight the top and bottom corner with a bit more red! I love it, very simple to do, but very effective! Give it a go! I'm off to make another for my 5oth album! TFLx
P.S. can I just sneak in this proud mummy moment;
Just ordered a copy of this photo from this local publication, DS2 dancing in Alice In Wonderland at school - he'll kill me if he sees it, but I think it is so striking! Proud mummy moment over! Thanks x

4 comments:

SusieJ said...

Wow! Handsome (and talented!) boy there Caroline - you're allowed proud Mummy moments even if the offspring don't like it - mine's the same. :)
Gorgeous LO too - I just love the way you've used the thumbnail pictures - may have to scraplift this one if I can?
Hugs,
Sue xx

Julie (juls2000) said...

OMG!!! You have every right to be a proud mom!! And, absolutely gorgeous layout too!!!

Sandra said...

we won't tell him, if you don't LOL. Such talent, runs in the family, I see :)

oohhh just love, the way you've done this layout - so lovely, and happy to see the punches at work.

Briana Johnson said...

is that not the most fun page! I bet you had a blast making that like I did looking at it!