Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Lacing Technique

 Where did you get that hat? Where did you get that hat!?
Still playing with punches here. This has all of the items weighted in one corner of the layout, but I think it works. I used my apron lace punch to make the lacing technique, an idea I saw ages ago on a Kirsty Wiseman layout and have not got around to doing.
I used various sizes of circle punch to make some negative spaces on this circle paper, to enclose some journaling (in white pen) and embellishments. I also journalled in a spiral on a chipboard button! Hand made my tags from backing paper and used two sizes of tiny circle punch to make the washer on each one. I used my Heidi Swapp distress tool to rough up the edges. The linen twine keeps the natural feel to the whole thing. I decided to balance the layout with some holes punched with my Cropadile, some of which I threaded with more linen string. (Not cropped the photo very well, they are not that near the edge!!)
By the way, just taken delivery of 3 sizes of Fiskars star punches so watch this space. (Bid on ebay for them!) TFLx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I've never bought anything on ebay before ... but I have a feeling that once I see the amazing layout, you're bound to do ... I'm gonna want them. Love this one :)