Tuesday, 1 February 2011

A rainbow of colour! Check this out!


Morning all! Here I am with another layout for a challenge over on the SC blog, to lift a layout from the new Candy Shoppe gallery! Well this was not difficult! I just loved this layout when I first saw it by Nichol Magouirk, the guest designer for this month! I decided to have a go myself! I chose the papers and arranged them in order than cut random strips and stitched them to a card background. I then stamped and embossed some white cardboard, using a sheet of alphabet stamps on their backing sheet, with Versamark ink, then I pressed over the top with a large acrylic block. I applied Zing clear embossing powder and when cool, I cut out my butterfly shapes by hand. Using a range of distress inks in colours to match my papers, I blended the ink over the embossing which acted as a resist and then wiped the excess off the lettering with a tissue to make the letters stand out! I love this effect!

The other part of the challenge was to scrap an old school photo! This is not so cool! Lol! I love that we all wore different colours in this sixth form photo, just before we all left and flew off to our various career choices!! Hopefully you wont be able to pick me out! Lol!!
Love this technique, will be trying this again for sure!
So that's January done and dusted. I have a layout count of 17 including four for my 50th Year album. Not a bad start! Let's see what February brings! Pop by for a little Valentine project later this week! TFLx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

As soon as this page opened in my dashboard I smiled ... how lovely and bright.

Lisa-Jane said...

This is stunning! Such a great technique and a wonderful way of getting lots of your fave papers on one page. I shall definitely be pinching these ideas.