Monday, 4 April 2011

Cake Stand number one and a busy weekend!

Well, after a struggle, we have cake stand number one!  Decided to do it on this set in case I had any mishaps. learnt a lot. It is really a two person job so one can hold the plate still whilst the other drills. I bought the special drill bit and with hubby's new drill with adjustable speed, we could drill it very gently. I am pleased with the result and need to send for another handle to make another one now. I have learnt too that you must not over tighten the handle as the middle plate has now got a very slight craze in the glaze.
Busy weekend this weekend. Saturday was our 23rd Wedding anniversary, so we went out for a meal and yesterday was my dad's 87th birthday party as well as being Mother's day, so all in all, the diet went out of the window!! TFLx



3 comments:

SusieJ said...

WTG with the cakestand! It's fabulous - I'd never dare try something like that - I'm known for being somewhat heavy-handed!lol
Sounds like a great day yesterday with some yummy food - s*d the diet!
Hugs xx

voodoo vixen said...

Your cake stand turned out fabulous! Next time you are in a hardware store look for some small clear plastic washers... all my cake stand have them between the china and the holder so that it doesn't chip. :)

Sandra said...

What a lovely time celebrating you've had.