Saturday, 30 April 2011

Party! Party! Party!

Forgot to mention that the last post was my 1000th blog post!! Yay! I know I have been remiss of late and not posted daily, but I am hoping to get back to that after all my birthday celebrations are over!!
So now I am only one week away from my vintage tea party and two weeks away from my actual birthday day Hog roast, so there are lots of last minute things to do!! I have lists coming out of my ears!!! In between time, hubby is going to Sweden for a week with work and I have to go back to school after the Easter holidays! So much to do, so little time!
I was spurred on to get creative with some silk flowers from Dunelm Mills, as they were on 4 for 3 in a home event they were having, and I figured with my two partys being a week apart and lack of time at the last minute to flower arrange, I would buy some and get creative now!! I have made two, one in a vintage jug I bought from eBay and one in a vintage celery jar from a charity shop (which I thought was a vase until I got it home! Lol!)



I put them to use yesterday when we celebrated with a barbecue, our first this year, and toasted the happy couple using my new champagne glasses from the charity shop! I have to say the flowers were not necessarily a cheaper option, but I will always have them! I intend to add some fresh gypsophila to the arrangement on the day to try and fool everyone!! Right, need to get off and get DS1 packed to go back to Uni today, no crafting in the offing today then! :(

1 comment:

Sandra said...

What beautiful flowers and they look lovely in your new bargains.