Tuesday, 31 May 2011

'Stitchy Business!'

So here I am after a miserable, wet and rainy bank holiday, with five layouts caught up for my fiftieth year album! There has to be an upside to the poor weather!! Layout one, to be fair was almost done in the planning stage, but had been shelved for over a month and I could not remember the initial placements exactly. I think it was even more difficult to complete because it was half started!! Anyway, here it is!
The title came from the yellow  pattern piece background paper, made by Studio Calico, that came in their Garment District kit a long time ago. I combined it with Maya road chipboard sewing elements. which I misted in Sunflower Yellow.
I also made an embellishment, using a Cosmo Cricket Gluber and some of the fabric I made my dress from. There is a video tutorial on how to make one of these twisted flowers here.
As it was a layout about sewing, I decided to use my new tool to add stitching to the layout. We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy tool (demonstrated here)
It comes with one head and so far I have bought two others
I did not buy one of these to start with, as there were mixed reviews, but it became apparent that if you buy the thick foam mat, instead of trying to save money and use an ordinary mouse mat, it then works perfectly and I have found that to be the case so far with what I have tried. I am so impressed I have ordered two more heads for it! So yesterday was a good day for scrapping! Back tomorrow with the next layout I completed! TFLx

2 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Great page, I love the Sew Easy tool too!

Sandra said...

A really gorgeous page.