Thursday, 9 June 2011

Did I post this layout before?

I was just flicking through my 50th year album and found this layout from February that I have never posted (I don't think!)
I made this when we had just returned from Newcastle and I was pleased with my photo of the bridges at twilight.
I very rashly punched stars out of the photograph and then punched smaller ones from the waste and reinstated them in the layout.
This was when I had just taken delivery pf my Fiskars squeeze punches I won on eBay in various sizes. I used some random machine stitching to hold them in place. The background has mist and some embossed stars using a clear embossing powder over a teal covered ink- a neat way to save you having to have every colour in embossing powder! TFlx


I think the stars were originally done using a stencil of a punch out, then ink over the top through the stencil with Versamark before adding the embossing powder.
The journaling was done on a large tag stamp that I bought in France at the Paris craft show last November. By stamping straight on the background paper, it sort of blends in better.

No comments: