Saturday, 4 June 2011

My, my, May has whizzed by!

My calendar tells me we hit a new month and with all these bad headaches, I had not even noticed! It was only when I downloaded the photographs from last night and had to make a new folder, it struck me, we are in June! I told you this week had been a write off! Last night was wonderful, the weather and the setting combined to create a perfect evening for the event and all the foreign visitors thought we all lived like that! Lol! here are a few shots I will be scrapbooking at a future date for the album of this year. You may just recognise the dess! Champagne on the terrace was difficult to refuse but contented myself with orange juice, so as not to anger my head!!




For anyone who is interested, it is the home of Sir Tatton Sykes in East Yorkshire.
Anyway, back to another layout from last weekend, good job I did some before I got ill, because nothing has happened this week in the craft room!
This page was a collage print of our trip to New York and I decided to turn it Sepia for a change. I know the colours of New York are vibrant, but I have an alum of my snaps done anyway, so for this page in the 50th Year album I used a spare Black and White Postcard cut up as my title and that gave me the inspiration to go Sepia. I added colour in red and navy to reflect the Stars and stripes, with striped ribbon and navy blue stars with my star punches, layered up with red.
These collages are a great idea for an album like this, the difficulty is working out what you can do with what is left of the page around it! Today I am in mega eBay mode! Got a lot to catch up with! Loft clearance is beginning in earnest! TFLx

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

It's frightening how fast this year is going by.
So pleased you made it last night and had a good time - glorious scenery.
Love the NY LO - the sepia works really well.
Have a good weekend and "enjoy" your loft clearing.
Hugs xx

CoventryAnn said...

Great page, love the sepia.