Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Vintage Tea Party Layout using packaging

As promised, albeit very late in the day due to a horrendous migraine, here is another layout from last weekend. Today has been a complete write off, what a waste of a days holiday :( Anyway, back to the layout.
When I was choosing my title letters from the Girls Paperie booklet, I realised the front cover was a frame and it would frame my photograph perfectly! I have been trying to vary the size of my prints on each layout, to add variety and this time I had chosen one large and two small photo's, and I think it worked great!
It even had a lovely scalloped edge along the bottom, which I highlighted with Prima pearls.
I wanted to use a vintage doily I had saved from the party too, so I made it into a flower.
I cut off the outer layer and then pleated it to make a rosette and tucked the inner circle layer underneath. I used a punched out flower left over from my tea party prizes as the centre too!
The alphabet stickers were just short of a letter A, so made one to co-ordinate and mounted it on some more scrap from the cover and an unused letter Q background, to make it tone in! I layered it up too to emphasize it.
Hopefully I will have a better day tomorrow and be back to share my Hog Roast layout with you, using one of my Birthday cards on the layout too! TFLx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh it's just wonderful - I love the photo of you, I so want to see more :)