Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Cutlery holders, as promised!





I made these from a cheap tablecloth I bought in the supermarket in France. They are two oblongs of fabric, stitched around 3 sides and turned right way out, then stitch up the remaining side and press. Fold the bottom section up, lay on the cutlery for guidance and then pin and machine to form the sleeves for each item. The labels were tab tops left over from some old curtains. I stamped the words using Archival ink and then added an eyelet with my Cropadile. The ribbon closure was the easiest for of fastening as these might need washing frequently. Hopefully the silver will  not need cleaning so often now! TFLx

2 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Brilliant idea, as always!!

Ali said...

What a great idea, and I love your recycling of tab tops as well. Think I need to have a try of this. TFS.