Monday, 4 July 2011

Vintage tea cosy

I bought this tea cosy from eBay and it was just a thin linen "sham" cover that used to be put on an interior pad, so they could be washed separately.
I found this pattern on Etsy that had been taken from a 1933 Needlewoman magazine and been remastered and I have made my inner cosy using some cotton Calico and polyester wadding. 


Now the whole thing has been washed, ironed and assembled, I think it look fab! Just need to go and make a couple more now!
Was cleaning my newly acquired silver yesterday too, outside in the sun. I am going to sew some cutlery holders for these shortly and will let you know how I get on! TFLx

1 comment:

SueB said...

Hi Caroline! Lovely to have found your wonderful blog! I adore your tea cosy, clever you! It reminds me of many things my Grandad used to make, and yes, I did say Grandad and not Grandma, lol! It is just lovely!
I really like the look of your silverware too :)
Looking forward to following your lovely blog.
Suzie xxx :)