Friday, 7 October 2011

Cath Kidston lovers????

I think I am addicted!
 This year has prompted my new hobby of collecting vintage mismatched china tea sets. It started with some for my party, but now I find I am unable to pass a charity shop, and if there is a pretty tea set, I am hooked! I had to find a novel way to store them and I hit on the idea of vintage picnic baskets. I am now surrounded by four in the computer room here! I think I must stop!! But I can't resist!
Lots of littler bits, layers and detail on this layout to reflect the vintage feel. I have made an RUB box just for little embellishments, as I found that if I had them all separate I never found them. It just has little bits and pieces in and is already quite full! I am finding it really inspiring!


 I also sorted all my rub-ons, alphas and cardstock stickers into a new streamlined storage system of two wooden wine boxes.






This particular tea set I found looks very "Cath Kidston" to me! How could I resist??? The cake stand and table cloth were also bought locally in charity or antique shops, both for less than a fiver! 
Talking of Cath Kidston, there are two free booklets in the Daily Telegraph this weekend by Cath Kidston. get collecting! I will be! TFLx




4 comments:

SusieJ said...

I'm loving the LO and your "new" china..what a wonderful thing to collect.
Inspired idea to store them in picnic baskets too.
Hugs xx

The Vintage Hobby House said...

Just found your blog via Hound & Home,LOVE your tea set totally up my street,thanks for the shout out about Cath Kidston,off to the newsagent soon XX Manda XX

Nikki D said...

i just founf out about the cath kidson supplements - bit late at this time of nite - dont fancy heading out now :)

sutty said...

So many lovely things to look at on the LO and in the photos :) Very Cath Kidston tea set - I can see why you love it, just need an excuse for afternoon tea and cakes now :)