Sunday, 9 October 2011

I did a double!!!!

Very rarely do I tackle a double layout, but I did one this week! I had three photo's from DS2's birthday in June and wanted to group the two party ones together, whilst the one recording him and his brother - rarely seen together these days - deserved its own page.
The colour scheme came from the photo's where he is wearing a tan jumper in one and a red shirt in the other - somehow I had to combine this! I majored on tan and yellow and introduced a few red highlights. The two layouts are tied together by using the same papers in different proportions, the same alphabets and same card stock stickers. 
I used some SC fabrips to cover some chipboard stars on the left hand page.......
and then used a strip on the right hand page and punched the edge of it with my binding edge punch. I then punched stars in the background paper so the fabrip texture could be seen through the background. I also decided to use up some old rub ons that I had found with a birthday theme. Lots of elements are raised with foam pads too. Some stitching to add texture. The journaling blocks work separately for each page, but do line up when the two pages are put together. TFLx

No comments: