Thursday, 13 October 2011

It's been one 'L' of a week!!

Just one week since DS2 passed his driving test and what a week it has been! He has never been in since! He also found out about some auditions for dance schools so I am very excited but can't share just yet!! The application forms had prompted some posed photo's which I wanted to use in a layout to mark this stage in his life, for my 50th year album.
Some times I sit in the craft room and I am all safe and boring with my ideas and sometimes I just fancy a complete change and go all arty! This must have been one of my more 'artier' moments!!! I created a collage of the dance pictures and then tinted them blue.  I decided to stress the importance of dance to him, by showing that all he thinks about is dance! This I did by using lots of left over alphabet sets to write the word again and again and again, nothing new in this I suppose but new for me. I then was not happy with the mixed alpha colours, so I decided to mist the lot with Maya mist in Blue Corn which has a shimmer. The title is a set of BG chipboard alphas in Blue spot that I have had ages and the fact I was missing an 'n' was OK too! It fitted with the theme of the lettering. These I stitched on. Very simple extras on this page, but I love it!
By the way- it's going to be a busy weekend!!!! TFLx
P.S. Why not search my blog using the word mist and see how you can use it!! Give it a go instead of leaving those bottles lovingly on display!!! Lol! I know, me too!! I have a collection!!

No comments: