Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Pushing the boundaries

Sometimes I go all rash and creative!! This layouts was one of those occasions where I went "off piste" for me! I got all arty with paint! It happened by accident actually, I was experimenting with my new Jenni Bowlin paint dabber in duck egg on some green Bazzill card stock and squeezed a bit too hard and the lid came off! i then had to spread the paint with a credit card (not a current one, i mean a store card type thing!) Then I dried it with the heat gun and it gave the paint some wrinkles where it was thick.

I then sprayed with some Studio Calico white mist, before tearing the edges off the card stock and mounting it on patterned paper.I edged my collage photo in speckled egg blue paint. I had a full packet of butterflies and doilies from Cosmo Cricket, that I literally dropped on the layout for a random placement, then I decided to add more dimension, by stapling the butterflies on beading wire. I held the beading wire in place, here and there, with cross stitches in Bakers Twine.
A couple of eyelets and a few buttons and I was done! Rush of blood over. Will be returning to my usual style, boring and safe, but hey, sometimes it's good to push the boundaries! TFLx
P.S. Sorry I forgot to photograph the December Daily, will get around to it, eventually! Been too busy planning projects for this year's Christmas Countdown.

1 comment:

SusieJ said...

Wow! Would never have known it wasn't all "planned"!
Great stuff......love the butterflies.:)
Hugs xx