Monday, 10 October 2011

Still working through June!!!

Yes! Can you believe it I still had a couple of pages left to do for June! This is one of them, Father's day. I challenged myself here to use plain papers only and had a sort of paint shade card idea as inspiration. I used my Fiskars anywhere square punch on this calendar die cut page and then put the colour block papers behind the apertures. I stamped a Studio Calico note stamp for journaling too in various shades of green. I also used my new EK success punch that does three sizes of scallop to make my embellishments from the matching plain papers. The Bakers twine wrapped around the buttons was just to take the eye through the photo's. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, tricky to use on plain colours! I like to give myself challenges. Like this other one below....


I don't normally do "white space" layouts but I used several ideas from a magazine to arrive at this one, inspired by the 70's style photo's my son took of himself using Instagram on my iPhone. As you can see I even had to use a couple of Maya mists to help me break up the white space!!! I still find it oh so difficult!!!! Lol The journaling in white along the bottom is a great idea if you want it really subtle - most people might not read it! It says " I love that you have never been afraid just to be you!"
I have just photographed 11 layouts this morning, so I must be in one of my super creative phases!!! And they are just from October!!! No cleaning or ironing getting done again!!! LOL! 
P.S. Why don't you challenge yourself to try something different! I hope this has inspired you. TFLx

No comments: