Monday, 3 October 2011

The test is imminent!!!!



DS2, having only had his 17th birthday in June, Is taking his driving test this week. Thought it was about time I scrapped the photo's of his first lesson and his success at the theory test!! Another layout based loosely on a sketch. 
Tip: I always use a spare piece of Kraft card stock or old book pages, in the bottom of my pizza box when I am spray misting, that way you get to collect all that spare mist and I use the card later on for some punch outs, as I have done here! I combined 3 sizes of Fiskars star punches to make the stars. To get the hollow star, punch cut the small star first then line up the next star size over the top - too fiddly the other way around, believe me, I tried!!! 
Fingers crossed for later in the week please!
P.S. Don't forget to post a comment on yesterday's post to be entered in the Studio Calico RAK!

2 comments:

Pierro said...

Best wishes to your son, and then... he is on his own, you know that right?
I think that is the hardest part, when they drive away all alone in the car after you have regaled them with the customary 30+ rules and promises.

On a side note, sometime along the way he should take a class in driver safety where they teach them how to react in various situations that require quick judgement and action. Also, he should learn about his insurance policy and what to do in the event of an accident.

I have two daughters, both long time drivers (23 and 27 haha) so we have all learned along the way.

Lastly: very nice scrap book page!
Love the red car

CoventryAnn said...

DD2 is about to turn 17, is it a boy thing, but neither of my girls were too fussed about learning to drive?