Monday, 24 October 2011

Yay for the holidays!

Today is the first day of half term! I managed to do a little crafting yesterday and prepared my December Daily album from these reclaimed items.
The same as my previous two December Dailys, it is made from a mixture of brown paper bags, envelopes, paper carriers, plastic diary covers, photo wallets and postcards. The trick is to not make it too thick at this stage.
By the time you have added the patterned papers and then get cracking with the photo's and journaling it always ends up too thick for the book rings! The previous two years have been made from old diary covers, which dictated the size, this year the cover was a couple of pages from an old children's board book from a charity shop, so it is slightly squarer.
I kept my add on from last Decembers kit over at Studio Calico. called Holiday Lights, to cover this year's album, so you will be seeing a lot of these items! Plus I ordered an add on paper pack from there too so there is some Crate Paper brighter papers in there too. I did finally finish the first stage late last night, so I will try and photograph it later. TFLx
If you are not sure what a December Daily is, 2009's is here and 2010's is here. I actually made my first video clip back in 2009 of my December Daily. This is part 1 and this is part 2!

No comments: