Tuesday, 1 November 2011

2011 Christmas Countdown begins! Project 1 - December Daily

It has taken me by surprise, but the Christmas countdown is upon us and my annual 25 projects in 25 days needs to get underway! Normally, I have a countdown to the countdown! But I just realised last night when I was attending all the Halloween callers at the front door, that tomorrow was the first of November and therefore, project 1 was due! Can you believe this is the fourth year??? I mentioned it in passing that I was researching ideas, but actually, as usual I have come up with more than enough! Some will be paper craft, some will be sewing and some will be cooking! Gifts to give as well as ideas for decorations etc. Some are my own ideas and some are a take on things I have seen that I fancy having a try at, if so I will post the original source. So without further ado here is project 1. For the last 2 years I have made a December Daily, inspired by Ali Edwards. I know my humble effort, made from recycled materials is not in the same league as her 'super duper' version, but i love it! I was tempted by her Studio Calico collaboration kit this year until I saw the price and my version won out. I had my sensible head on.
Here is how it looks so far. All the pages are backed and prepped, but I found last year it was better to select a page on the day and then date it as I never knew how many pages I would want. I have made plenty! Here are a selection;
















I thoroughly recommend this project to you, it is great fun. All I do is photograph something every day and write about it. Sometimes there is a lot, sometimes not much at all, but still great to look back on. I have just been leafing through last years daily. Who new it would turn out to be such a record breaking winter???? I have it all recorded for posterity. Give it a go! You still have time to make the album before December. Pop back tomorrow for another crafting project! TFLx

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your December Daily, I'll be taking part, planning on making my book later in the month!

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

Great idea and looking forward to Christmas countdown