Friday, 18 November 2011

Christmas Countdown Project 18 - Chocolate Daisy plant

If only!!! I wish chocolate did grow like this! 
As ever, I look for a more interesting way to give sweets each year and there are many "big kids" who love these just as much as the smaller ones! In 2009 we had Christmas Tapas and 2008 sweetie blooms, so this year a variation - a chocolate daisy plant!
These are basically a plant pot,
lined with tissue paper,
Filled with chocolate bars!
For the flowers, I punch out large scallop circles with my largest Woodware punch, then stamp a daisy on each one, using my Autumn Leaves Scribbled flowers stamps. I then glue this flower to a wooden barbecue skewer with my glue gun and add a smaller stamped flower and couple of buttons to the front as a flower centre.
Fill the pot up, using chocolate gold coins, to anchor everything in place. For the decorative flower label, I made a plain paper flower and added a gold coin for the centre, then stamped chocolate daisy around the edge using tiny alphabet stamps.
Tied up in florists cellophane and with curled ribbon, these are a great gift! A chocoholics dream! Leave the chocolate daisy label sticking out if the top of the wrapper.
Join me tomorrow for another crafting project. TFLx

1 comment:

SueB said...

Hi Caroline, have had huge problems with blogger, but am finally in, hurray! Just wanted to say, I am loving your Christmas projects, they're really beautiful and very inspiring.
Suzie xxx :)