Thursday, 24 November 2011

Christmas Countdown Project 24 - Dogs Dinner

 Before you mention it, I know I have made these before, two years ago, but they were a real winner, so no apologies for making them again! They are slightly updated from last time.
You will need:
Paper plate
A squeaky meaty toy (chop, chicken or hotdog!)
Some munchy sticks, I use the packs containing the different colours
Other chews including mini bones and chicken twisters or similar
Cling film
Dog rubber stamp and ink pad
Round tags die cut using the Tim Holtz Tiny Tags die
Cellophane
Curling Ribbon
Jingle bell
Linen string
1. Group the munchy sticks into colours and wrap them in cling film to hold them together on the plate. Keep the cling film to a minimum, so you can still see what colour the sticks are. Arrange with the rest of the 'food' on the plate.
Wrap with the cellophane and secure underneath with sellotape. (I had to do this whilst Barney was out by the way, or he would have wanted all the squeaky toys!)
2. For the tag, die cut the circular tag from the Tiny tags and tabs die, Write the dogs name on if you know it already! Thread it onto some linen string with the jingle bell and tie it, then make a loop, so you can thread this on the ribbon like a dog tag.
Stamp your dog stamp on some card, this one is from Joanna Sheen I think. Cut around the dogs head with your craft knife so that when you fold the tag, the dog stands up in relief. (Optional)
Wrap the plate with ribbon and knot, then thread on the dog tag and the gift tag before knotting again. Curl the end of the ribbon.
That's the dog's gift sorted!!
Just to mention two other projects from the past I will be making again this year are Voucher Vases- a nicer way to give a gift voucher,
and Money Wallets
worth a look if you are new to the Christmas Countdown on this blog.
Join me tomorrow for the last project of the 25. Please leave me a comment with which project you have liked the best or link me to any of your projects that you have made from my countdown, I would love to see. TFLx



No comments: