Wednesday, 30 November 2011

December daily preparations! A stitch in time saves nine!


The key to success with the December daily is to have a grab box of "go to " items from completing the pages, so here is mine. I have used an RUB box and put in some off-cuts of patterned papers from the pages I made, some ribbon, buttons, a few different alphabets, some Christmas trimmings and embellishments from last years add on kit, some Smash stuff and some library pockets. these will be the basics, but i can grab other things if I need. This box will live on my computer desk in the study down stairs and along with scissors and a tape gun, I will try to complete the pages, as I blog every night. The pages for me consist of a least one photo of something about the day (not always Christmassy!) If I blog it, I can always catch it up later in the week in the album! In the previous years, I have managed it without too much difficulty.
We have been out in the town tonight, watching the Christmas lights switch on - an event we have not been to before, so these photo's may be the makings of a page tomorrow.


There were a lot of people there as the medieval bar was lit up for the first time since Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee! We managed a glass of mulled wine and also a hot pork sandwich from the hog roast! Very nice too! I am quite pleased with these photo's, taken on ISO setting whilst leaning the camera on a lamp post for support to stop camera shake! It was windy so I am quite chilly now! Love the photo of the church window in St Mary's too, with the lights on inside, it looks great! The butter cross in the centre of town looked very pretty with the draped fairy lights. Can you believe it is the first of December tomorrow????

2 comments:

Sandra said...

There is something really lovely about getting all your Christmas stash together. Although I'm not doing a December album this year, I'll look forward to seeing how yours comes along.

SueB said...

Your Daily kit is such a great idea, love all the goodies inside, and love the look of the cover too! Wonderful photos, we also had our Christmas Lights evening on Saturday in our villiage, just wonderful! I'm really looking forward to seeing your project develope. Carole (from Carole's crafty Corner) a follower on my blog, you may remember Carole G from the DC form, is doing this too, you can find her blog via mine if you'd like to see how she gets on with hers too. I would love to do this project, maybe next year.
Hugs
Suzie xxx :)