Thursday, 1 December 2011

December Daily 2011 Day one

I may just sneak this post in before midnight, but I have had a very busy day! I have had a few friends around for a craft fayre tonight and we had mulled wine and mince pies, so this morning I was busy baking!


I want to do a little bit about the history of mincemeat for this post too, so I have been doing some research. 
"Custom dictates you should eat a mince pie on every day of the 12 days of Christmas – to refuse one is supposed to be unlucky."
I was burning my cinnamon candle as I baked, so the whole house smelled gorgeous! Talking about the twelve days of Christmas, don't forget to check out Tim Holtz and his annual countdown of tags. I love to follow the techniques, even if I don't actually make all the tags.
I really want my first page of the December daily to record the Christmas lights switch on last night, so these may become the post for the second of Dec. I am quite flexible that way. The journal just grows! I am not a slave to posting the exact photo's I take on the exact day. Hope to get the photo's printed and journaling done tomorrow when I am not so hectic!! What a day! TFLx

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I have a need for mince pies now :)