Sunday, 15 January 2012

Project Life week 2 plus some tips!!

I have spent today getting my project life folder up to date and completing the double page spread.
I am learning as I go along. I thought this week was going to be a slow week, but by taking a photo a day I had plenty to choose from. I have learnt how to email photo's from Instagram on my i-phone which is speeding up the procedure. I did try to use i-cloud, but as I don't have a MAC I need to extra software that I am not prepared to buy to get the PC to link and download pictures directly on  its own. I have used Picasa (free) to make collage prints and then print them out at various sizes. I am also making myself use Photoshop elements more and have found out how to print a photo at an exact size, so the frost picture on the left had text added and then was printed to fit exactly in this three pocket protector. I also used Picasa to print some pictures like Polaroid prints.
I mentioned last week I was making some journaling cards using my background stamps and the reverse side of single sided scrapbook paper, with pale coloured ink. These are the results.


I do have a large acrylic block I bought from eBay for my large background stamps, but I now prefer my Fiskars large stamp press. I also die cut some file cards using the Tim Holtz file tab on the edge die. These I can fold to create areas for secret journaling in a pocket.
Today I decided to add some patterned paper cards into my Project Life basic box, so that I can grab various pre-cut sizes to make the album up quicker. I measured the sizes of my pockets on the various page protectors, then raided my scrap paper offcuts box and cut various pieces to fit. These I have grouped and labelled in my Project Life stash box.

The journaling cards are at the front, including October afternoon journaling cards from my stash too.
Another essential tool is a date stamp. I bought this a while ago from The Range and it is useful for labelling individual items. Again you can stamp on the reverse side of single sided scrapbook paper to make sure it is acid free, or on any pale background papers. I used Jenni Bowlin 'spiced tin' ink.
Sorry this is a long post, but I just thought I would pass on the tips I have learnt so far! I have also created an embellishment box, so I can grab this box too for embellishing finished pages.
Let me know if you are tackling project life too this year! TFLx

No comments: