Sunday, 12 February 2012

Project Life Week 6

One thing Project Life is teaching me, is how to be braver with Photoshop elements! I have certainly mastered this more since I started 2012! It is making me think carefully! This week I did some more 'fake Polaroid' prints and used some different filters on my Instagram photo's. I rediscovered Pinterest and created a Valentine inspiration board. I enjoyed that so much I used Photoshop to create a mood-board with links, for my blog. I was so pleased with myself, I printed it out for Project Life!


 Of course lots of photographs about the snow this week! The first proper snow of the winter. 
My journaling this week, is in a library pocket on this page. I made 3 library cards.
I cut them from single sided patterned paper and rounded the corners with a corner rounding punch. I stamped a journaling block on the reverse, using Jenni Bowlin's Weather Vane ink and a Studio Calico stamp. The front has a simple decoration of a fabric circle (Basic Grey) and a chipboard butterfly, both from recent SC kits. I used my Tiny Attacher to hold them in place. The journaling is handwritten, with a date stamp, giving a brief outline of the week's events.
One upside to being full of cold, is you can legitimately craft all day whilst drinking Lemsip and feeling sorry for yourself, with your big, red, sore, nose!
(I really must take the pages out of the protectors before photographing!) I am finding the scale of this album tricky to keep to a double page per week, but it makes me select the most interesting things. I try to balance photo's of family members with other things and am trying to include myself more if possible! There is so much to cram in, it is difficult to make them layouts in the normal way. I am not sure I have been up to date so quickly with the whole week before, but I am happy to be so. This week will certainly be a challenge, with an inspection at school! What a week to be full of cold!! TFLx

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Really enjoying seeing how you create such great pages for your album. Thanks for the idea of showing your pinterest on project life pages

Sian said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Your Project Life is looking fantastic - the bit about Elements really struck a chord with me. I'm at the same stage with it myself. Oh, and the Lemsip. I'm a bit of a fan of those too..

SueB said...

Wonderful pages (as always) I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing your lovely creations.
Suzie xxx :)