Monday, 12 March 2012

Altered book class

I signed up for a class over at Studio Calico, "Happy little moments" by Maggie Holmes. You pay and then download the PDFs to complete at your leisure. I like this kind of class, then I can come to things as I have time. I signed up on the last day of February and have not started it until Sunday, but I am hooked!! I have been excited to keep going with it and even got up early to do some, before I started my work today!! Unheard of! Here is the book I chose to alter, 'Dog Stories' by Enid Blyton.
Here is the finished book. 

This class was all about finding a home for all those "Instagram" pictures you take on your phone and don't always do anything with. I found I had loads of Barney, so hence why I chose the book called "Dog Stories." You don't have to have a themed title, but I thought it would look cute! Maggie gave instructions for how she had done her book, I stuck to the first few page plans, like hers, but then I got carried away and just did what I felt like! I put together my own kit of papers and embellishments before I started and then combined inks, stamping, paints and spray mists to bring together the finished book. The paint on the front cover is Jenni Bowlin Speckled Egg. It was the only colour paint dabber I had of hers, so that's how the colour scheme started. The mist is Studio Calico Bonny Blue. I used some American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan papers and some Pebbles and Girls Paperie. October afternoon journaling cards. Here are a few of the pages. TFlx 






5 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

What a fabby book!! I'm altering my first book at the moment and finding it great fun, something I have always wanted. Love the idea of keeping the title and using your photos!

Anonymous said...

A lovely little book of Barney....Mgt.

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh .... I love what you've created here

P'tite Plume said...

Love that!!!

Jennifer Grace said...

Hello, saw this in the UKS gallery and came over to take a closer look. It's a brilliant book, I love all the details and layering!

I'm now a follower, here and on Pinterest and Facebook too! x