Saturday, 31 March 2012

Make your own Day book!

I decided to make my own Daybooks like the American Crafts one by Amy Tangerine. I selected some printed Kraft card stock for the cover and a strip of Hambly acetate as an overlay. I then selected my papers carefully for the pages, from my SC Field Guide kit,  and tried to include some journaling pages and some with random pictures on.

I also included a Sassafras page edge and backed it with another edge trimmed from a different piece. I punched the edge of another page using my border punch. I intend to stamp some random images here and there on the pages when I have decided what the theme is. I folded and creased each page with my bone folder and then stitched them all together carefully using my sewing machine on its largest stitch. I have already prepped another three!! Loving these little beauties! Have you any spare stash you could make one with? This may become my Easter book! TFLx

4 comments:

Sandra said...

You're far too talented lol ... Stunning

Dawn said...

Would love to know where exactly you stitched the papers together. It looks fabulous!

P'tite Plume said...

Beautiful book!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I had a go at making a day book after seeing your post. I did one in the style of an Amy Tangerine day book and hand sewed the pages together using a pamphlet stitch. Thanks for the inspiration! Jackie (worcs) x