Saturday, 23 June 2012

I actually made a 12 x 12 layout!

My first in a long time! I have really enjoyed working with Project Life, but my other scrapping has totally gone by the wayside!! Anyway, here it is!
I created a background, patchwork effect with tiny pieces of scrap paper and some Washi tapes. They were mostly from my March Studio Calico kit and I have really loved working with this set of papers! I could not bare to throw anything away! The photo is of me, looking very pensive, at DS2's 18th birthday meal, he took it! I altered it in Photoshop Elements, following the free class I am doing at the moment, over at Jessica Spragues. Lesson 1 was to edit a photo using Photoshop with Jessica's tips and techniques and I rather like the result!! I know my photo skills are not where I would like them to be and I never seem to have the right light, but I love how this one turned out and I would love to know what I was thinking about when it was taken!! Maybe, "where did the last 18 years go????"
Lesson 2 was to do a quick page or two - 

The third lesson was to add frames and texture to a photo, I did these two

The next lesson is to design a blog header - let's see how I get on with that! I even joined in the free webinar yesterday, another first for me, and made this card!
My digital skills are finally improving, but I still love the first layout best! playing with paper!! Just hoping I get lucky in the 5th birthday contest, there are some great prizes!! TFLx

No comments: