Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend table decoration makes!

Our little jubilee celebration is today. We have friends coming around for a meal and I wanted a subtle red white and blue theme for my decor!
A while back, I had bookmarked Danielle Flanders blog post when she made some paper hat table place names, using this idea, from Countryliving.com. I knew I could create something using this sort of idea, (thanks for the inspiration Danielle!)  so this is what I did.
I used the paper hat place card template to fold some table decorations, using some free papers I downloaded from Sizzix (as I mentioned here) and also a Union Jack download here.
I used an 8" square piece of printer paper to print my downloaded papers as the weight is much better for folding. To decorate the hats, I kept the spare paper I trimmed off, when making my 8" squares and wanted to make a lace ruffle from it.
I punched the strips of paper using a Jenni Bowlin punch of houses, but actually it makes a nice doily edge!
I then printed off some Royal Highness and Diamond Jubilee phrases on word using Font Vivaldi about 20pts. I added the Royal Highness to the bottom of each hat and made a flag with the diamond jubilee tag, by taping it around a decorative pin.


I attached the rosette to the front of each hat with a foam square and a brad. I finished the pennant off on the top with some Airmail Divine Twine in a bow!
A subtle table centre! I then decided to fold my red and white napkins in the same way as they were about 8" square and tucked them in my wine glasses!
Add that to my red glasses and blue plates, with my red and white checked bread basket and Pimms for good measure and I have a great table setting!!

Don't forget, my jubilee RAK is still open until midnight tonight GMT and I will draw a winner tomorrow! Enter by leaving a comment here. A set of jubilee embellishments are up for grabs to use on those Jubilee pages! Just become a follower! TFLx

No comments: