Friday, 14 September 2012

'Car'dmaking again - with my Silhouette!

I needed a clutch of Car cards this week for various birthdays so I decided to make a template on my Silhouette Cameo and then I could cut several.
I wanted a bug type car so I found some clip art and then traced it in my software and then separated the parts out (which takes longer than it sounds!!) I then duplicated it on my mat and split the design so I could set my mat up with a strip of grey card a strip of green card and a strip of black card to cut all three at once. This one is a 17th birthday.
I then inked the edges of each cut out with chalk inks before mounting on my card background with some foam pads on some of the parts for dimension. To ground the car on the background, I added a strip of Washi tape as a road. 
And to get around the large letter stamp for this one that is to be posted, I did it all flat, without foam pads, still looks great!
I needed to 19th cards so I made a template for those too.

That's another clutter full of cards done! TFLx

No comments: