Saturday, 13 October 2012

BOO banner!

As promised yesterday, here is my version of a banner I saw over on the Silhouette blog here. I used my Cameo to cut some pennants from some SC "English" paper I have been hanging on to for a while and then cut two doileys out of it too. I made some more rosettes the reverse side of October Afternoon's Girl Friday paper that is a toned down pumpkin colour. The ghost shape was one I used in my birdcage, just made a bit smaller, The spider was a larger version of the one from my birdcage. The vellum web was the same. I sketched the haunted house myself then did a trace and cut from my drawing. I bought the witch from the Silhouette store.

I added some vintage green glass glitter to the Spooky alphabet font that I downloaded for free from Da Font - (called Burning Wrath, in the horror section!) The black pennants I used as a background are designed by me and cut on the Cameo. this adds weight to the banner and also the scallops enable you to thread the ribbon through. I stapled each pennant in place with my tiny attacher, so they did not move on the ribbon. Unfortunately the dresser seems to be in a dark part of our house so even when its sunny the flash is reflecting! That POW paper does sparkle! TFLx
Haunted House file is available here over at UKs if you're a member.

No comments: