Friday, 12 October 2012

Spooky lantern!

This project was inspired by the post over on the Silhouette blog, by team member Patricia Zapata, check it out. I loved her little halloween bird cage and decided to make one of my own, with a few variations. 
I bought the Silhouette cut file for the cage from the online store for $0.99 and then enlarged it to the size I wanted. I also bought the rosette file. I already had the cut files for 1 ghost and 2 ghost ( from UKS forum, thanks, Diana and Julie) and Spiders web is this one from Janine on UKs! Spider is this one from kztmiz on UKs. 
I added some digital elements that I printed off from Echo Park Paper Co over at Jessica Sprague.


The corner scroll was another Silhouette file purchase, but I already had the spiders web, which I cut from vellum. The ghosts are cut from AC POW glitter paper. I wanted to get some green in with the orange.  I have also started on a banner, which I will share with you tomorrow, which was also inspired by the Silhouette blog. 
Even without young children in the house, I love the American idea of decorating for autumn. I am continuing to make my kitchen dresser a feature for this season, for my own benefit. TFLx

1 comment:

Lisa-Jane said...

These look great! I've been pinning stuff for ideas for when we have a Halloween play date in half term and I was intending to make some spooky rosettes like this.