Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Christmas Countdown 2012 Project 14 - Scandinavian inspired window decoration

I don't know what mad me feel this was Scandinavian inspired, maybe it was the all white theme or the simplicity of the wire or just the heart shapes but I actually re-pinned this idea on Pinterest and it originally came from here. This is my version, cut outs made with my Cameo.
You will need :
Wire as used in yesterday's post
Pliers
Florist wire
Ribbon
White woodgrain card stock
Jute string
A selection of Christmas shapes to die cut on your Cameo or with your Big shot

1. Die cut some Christmas shapes in the woodgrain cardstock. Some of these shapes were from the Silhouette store and some I made myself including the ice skate pattern I gave away on Monday.
2. Make 3 sizes of heart shape with the wire, making some loops in each size of heart. Bind all three heart shapes together with florist wire and cover with a ribbon tie at the top.
Tie a Christmas shape to each loop with jute string. Simple but effective. Hang in a window or against a wall.
Join me again tomorrow for another Christmas countdown project idea. Why not follow my blog and then you wont miss out on a single project!! TFLx

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi, Caroline.....another lovely idea, and I see what you mean about the Scandinavian look....love all the crisp white. Where do you get your white woodgrain card? I've got the usual brown, but it wouldn't have the same impact...hahaa!
Might I suggest that you disable your word verification....it's really hard to read, lol.

cannycrafter said...

The white woodgrain card came in a Studio Calico kit. Thanks for yoru comment Anne Marie