Friday, 23 November 2012

Christmas Countdown 2012 Project 23 - Noel card

This 3D, Silhouette cut, card could be used just as a decoration, but because it will fold flat, I might send a few as cards. I got the inspiration from a card my sister was sent a few years ago. I save old cards that have good ideas!!
For this card, you need to write the word you want in a font you want on your Silhouette and then weld the letters together, or you could freehand draw your letters and scan them in the computer and trace them using the trace tool. 
Think of the nesting shapes you want to have inside one of the letters.
Make your cutting mat line up your word across the top and your two nesting shapes across the bottom in different colours.
This was my card and I scored it in two places to make three equal parts.
There is a notch to cut out in each of your nesting shapes so that they will link together, a tiny u shape one in the red and green shape and the opposite way up in the white background, you may have to jiggle these slightly to get them to fit inside each other and lay flat.  Then fix the coloured shapes inside the white background and your card is done!
I left this card until the end of the countdown so that the other projects might make you more familiar with your Silhouette. You could hand cut this if you don't have one.
Join me tomorrow for the last project in my Christmas Countdown. Another 24 projects have gone whizzing by!! I can't believe it!
For this year's give away, I am going to give my cut file for this card or the nativity I showed yesterday. If you would like to be entered in the draw, please leave a comment below this post. If you don't have a Silhouette, I will send you an actual card, that you could trace and cut by hand with your craft knife, to make more. Good luck and happy crafting! x
P.S I also cut this card on my Cameo for Iris folding!


2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Ooooo....I haven't seen anything like this....how lovely! Looks like something you'd get in a posh shop, hahaa...and so very pretty!
I don't have a cutting machine, but this is too pretty not to have a go.
I'm really looking forward to your final project, and can't wait to see what you come up with!

MiniOwner said...

That's very clever - makes a super card.
Sue x