Saturday, 3 November 2012

Christmas Countdown 2012 Project 3 - Christmas Cards

Today's posts are just a few card ideas. I know a lot of you may be experienced card makers, but I am relatively new to it! I love to make Kraft based cards, but I know this home spun style is not everyone's cup of tea. I used machine stitching and some false stitching on most of these.
This first one I made is based on a penny slider card, they don't have to be just straight across! I cut out a zig zag down this tree and fixed an October Afternoon embellishments from the Holiday Style flower sack to the penny. I saw one somewhere with a Penguin rolling into the  water and I can't find it now, thought I had pinned it, but it might have been last year!
More trees, but this time inspired by some pins on my Christmas board over at Pinterest. This idea about folding a half circle of paper to make the tree crops up several times on my board, check it out!
I used a couple of Studio Calico's wood veneer snowflakes on this one and cheekily used the edging strip from some patterned paper for the greeting flag! Don't like to waste anything!
The ubiquitous doily on this one for a more modern take on Christmas and another Studio Calico Doily.
I was inspired to make many garland cards recently by another pin on my Pinterest board by Pauline.
Here is my Christmas version!


Its a great way to use up scraps of paper too! I then started making garlands of other things too, like holly.
 I included some tags I cut from wood veneer using Tim's tags die, which I then stamped with a french stamp, Noel. The stitched and die cut holly die cuts were from an Anna Griffin kit, some of which I am selling on eBay if you would like to have a go.
and then some October afternoon flower sack shapes from Holiday Style


Finally I used a few toppers that I bought along with heat embossing the greeting stamp in black sparkle.
I am making some cards to sell this year, in aid of the local animal shelter where Barney came from. I hope some of these inspire you and please don't forget animal charities in these difficult times, they are really struggling. 
Join me again tomorrow for another Christmas countdown project idea. Why not follow my blog and then you wont miss out on a single project!! TFLx


1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

I'm really enjoying your Christmas Countdown and particularly like these kraft creations...neat trick with the Christmas tree circles!