Sunday, 4 November 2012

Christmas Countdown 2012 project 4 - Winter scene

This little scene in a glass vase, was inspired by Martha Stewart's winter scene here. I did not want to phaff about with too much glitter and make a mess so I used American Crafts glitter paper. You can use Martha's templates if you want to do it by hand, or convert them to a silhouette cut file like I did and cut it out on my Cameo. I used woodgrain card stock for the church sides and POW glitter paper for the roof and the trees. Please leave a comment below if you would like a copy of my studio files for free.
I used silver and green POW paper for the two sizes of trees and cut some grass with my Cameo too.
Fold the templates on the score lines and add double sided tape to the flaps to stick it all together. 
Fill the bottom of a glass vase with candle sand. staple the mini trees and grass to a strip of card using a tiny attacher and place inside the vase. Lower in the larger silver trees where you want them. Then assemble the church pieces and lower them in one at a time working from the base upwards, finishing with the steeple. 
I used a set of tiny battery fairy lights to illuminate the top edge of the vase.
It looks really effective in the dark.
Join me again tomorrow for another Christmas countdown project idea. Why not follow my blog and then you wont miss out on a single project!! TFLx
P.S. Tricky to photograph when the curved glass distorts the shapes and reflects and you want to catch the fairy lights in the dark!!

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

That is such a pretty little project and makes me wish I had more time to craft, lol.

P'tite Plume said...

Wow nice! I want to make one!