Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Christmas Countdown 2012 Project 7 - Star wall hanging

I was inspired to make this hanging decoration after seeing something similar in Germany.
You will need: 
Stars cut out by hand or with a Silhouette Cameo, the two studio files I made are available for download here and here.
An ornate coat hanger or natural twig or branch
Ribbon bow (made in yesterday's project)
A blackboard heart or similar decoration with greeting, bought or hand made
Paper pine cones made using this Silhouette file but you could use real ones
Buttons
String or twine
Washi tape
Green ink pad to match paper stars

1. Cut out the stars using the Cameo cut files, 
I used a double sided paper from Crate paper random collection, called wallpaper. Carefully peel them off the cutting mat and strengthen the back of the perforated fold lines using the Washi tape. 
2. Fold and crease each star along the dotted fold lines and ink along each crease line for definition. I used a chalk ink pad. 
3. Make up 3 pine cones using the Silhouette cut file bought from their online store (was a free shape but now $0.99.) Instructions are here. They look so effective!!
4. Thread a button on a length of twine and tie a knot. Make a hole in the star top point using a cropadile and thread the star on the string.
5. Hang the pine cones on similar lengths of string and thread some stars in tandem, knotting the button part way down, so the star and cone don't overlap each other. 
6. Arrange all the decorations at various lengths, from the decorative hanger. Knot the strings in place and secure with some Washi tape. Add the ribbon gift bow. I used a Swedish merry Christmas greeting for a change!
I added a few gems to each individual star or you could add some shine mist spray.
Join me again tomorrow for another Christmas countdown project idea. Why not follow my blog and then you wont miss out on a single project!! TFLx

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

Caroline, this is so pretty. What a lovely addition it would make to my Christmas decks. I recently made a wreath with those 3D stars....very pleased with it....and I'm now thinking I could make this hanging to match. Lovely inspiration...thanks!